Sunday 26 February 2012

Chicken and Shadow in Canada

In winter 2009, my parents decided to buy a house. Unlike paying for mortgage, paying for rent was a waste to them because there is nothing to re-sell after. Moreover, our family had at least 5 more years of stay here, making the house a worthy investment. We had a family meeting, we discussed the advantages and disadvantages (extra work, bigger space to clean, etc.) of having a house instead of renting an apartment. At the end, I told them that I would do whatever extra work they assign me to do with one condition; to be able to bring the dogs here in Canada. They all agreed.


Beginning of summer 2010, my parents bought a house and in July we moved in. Soon after moving in, I went back to the Philippines for a vacation and to bring my dogs back to Canada. For two years I have not seen my friends, grandma, and my dogs. Plus, the warm weather and Filipino food; could you imagine my excitement?


My final destination was Manila, where my best friend picked me up from the airport. I stayed there for a couple of weeks until I made the arrangements to pick up my dogs and visit my friend's parents who took care of my dogs. I flew to Davao city, southern part of the Philippines, to finally see my dogs. Unfortunately, my friend was in the states at the time so it was only her parents and younger brother. I had a great stay, they are such loving and generous people. I will always be thankful to them for taking such good care of my dogs.


I flew back to Manila and stayed there for another 4 weeks. During that time, I chilled with my friends, visited some relatives and my grandma. Moreover, I made several appointments to the veterinarian to get them vaccinated and checked-up. I also arranged all the necessary paperwork and medical certifications the dogs will be needing to come with me to Canada. Everything was good to go and it was time to go back to Canada. On September 7, 2010, my dogs and I landed in Halifax. Promise kept, I came back for them :)


Our first Christmas (2010) with them in
our new house in Canada







1 comment:

  1. Hi Kay,

    Knowing you as I do , there is absolutely no way you would not have fulfilled your promise to your dogs! I am so very happy that you have them with you here in Canada and hope to meet them some day.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete